Chat Live now!

Chat to the team

Live Chat is now closed and will reopen again 9:30am Monday to Friday

Private Renting

Given the current demand on social housing, private renting will offer you the opportunity to find a home that will meet your housing needs faster than any other option.

If you are on a low income you may be entitled to claim Universal Credit housing costs or Housing Benefit. You will need to check what the local housing allowance rates are in your area by clicking here. If you are entitled, this is the maximum amount of costs you will be paid for you or your family to rent a home.

To check your Universal Credit housing cost or for more information on how to make a claim please visit here or call 0800 028 2569 (from a landline) or 0300 456 3559 (from a mobile).

Landlords usually require a bond from tenants, which is used to cover the cost of any damage or unpaid rent.Typically the bond amount is one month’s rent, although this may vary.

Pobl can also provide assistance with raising a deposit, please click here to find out more.

You can look for private rental accommodation by registering with Letting Agents or looking online. Please see a list of some useful websites below: